Pages

"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth" - Thoreau

Sunday 18 November 2012

18-novemeber-12: life.

Update:Novemeber 10th - house show at our place.



it got pretty full.
nice to see people out supporting local music.
there was also some art up and a movie projecting on the wall.

_______________________________________________________________________________
I had to present my annotated bibliography of my research - basically sum up 30-50 journal articles in 15 minutes...
it went well, I went really broad and didn't talk much about bats. from the feedback so far, people enjoyed it. who doesn't want to hear about the life of orcas and sperm whales, how they babysit and care for eachother's young. or how chimps have an awareness of another's perception on the world - and will give more alarm calls if there's danger and she thinks a comrade nearby is unaware.

off to food not bombs, after I read yet another journal article from the early 1900s. this never stops.
I've been looking up the history of my field and it's fucking horrific. the things they did to animals is disgusting. removing part of the brain to see if a dog can function without a cerebrum - and to make it live that way for 3 years. or to give electric shock to produce learned helplessness. but don't get me wrong, we still do terrible things to animals today - it's just more hush hush. go vegan already and stop buying products tested on animals.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment